FAWC WORKSHOP ON WOUND CARE FELLOWSHIPS
Dear ABWMS Diplomate:
To attend the FAWC/ABWMS Workshop on wound care fellowships at the Westin Hotel, Detroit Metropolitan Airport, from Saturday, 21 October to Sunday, 22 October 2023, please complete the registration form below no later than Friday, 29 September 2023. The workshop will begin at 2:00 PM on Saturday and conclude around noon on Sunday. At the time of the meeting, you will be provided with a stipend based on the availability of funds and the number of attendees. We very much look forward to working with you. Thank you for your interest.
FAWC Executive Director
127 River Road
Gettysburg, PA 17325
Fellowship Development Workshop
- Purpose: The FAWC has prepared a comprehensive Workshop is designed exclusively for Diplomates of the the American Board of Wound Medicine and Surgery (ABWMS) to prepare them to serve as Directors of a 12-month Wound Care Fellowship Program. The Workshop will cover topics like funding, curriculum, interface with teaching hospital personnel, etc. In other words, all the information you need to know in order to manage a successful 12-month fellowship in wound care.
- Dates & Location: the Workshop will take place the weekend of 28 – 29 September 2019 at the Westin Detroit Metropolitan Airport.
- Stipend: you will receive a stipend of $500 if you are a Diplomate of the ABWMS and attend the entire workshop beginning at noon Saturday, 28 September and concluding at noon Sunday, 29 September. Stipends will be distributed at the conclusion of the Workshop.
- Sleeping Room Reservations: upon the submission of your completed registration form, you will receive an email allowing you to make a reservation at the Westin Detroit Metropolitan Airport. Room rate is $179.
Financial Assistance:The Foundation has limited funds available to assist participants in attending the workshop. Funds can be used for travel, meals, and related expenses.The amount of assistance will depend upon the number of attendees.
Program: The Workshop program is as follows:
1. Saturday: 21 October 2023
- 1:00 PM – Workshop Begins
- 3:00 PM – Break
- 5:00 PM – Break for dinner
- 6:30 PM – Dinner
Sunday: 22 October 2023
- 8:00 AM – Breakfast
- 9:00 AM – Workshop Resumes
- 10:30 AM – Adjournment
Application Form: Please complete the following form if you plan to attend the workshop.
Join Us: Wound care education and training are the needed steps forward to recognize wound care as a subspecialty.
We look forward to seeing you in Detroit.